Thanks to lovely Rarasaur for nominating me for this award: find her, and the other nominees here.
So here is what WTMRA winner must do as a recipient of this award:
- Display the logo on his/her post/page and/or sidebar
- The Nominee must finish this sentence and post: ”A Great reader is…”
- Nominate 4 readers they appreciate over a period of 7 days (1 week) – this can be done at any rate during the week. It can be ALL on one day or a few on one day and a few on another day, etc., naming his or her nominees on a post or on posts during the 1 week period.
- The Nominee shall make these rules, or amended rules, keeping to the spirit of the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award, known to each reader s/he nominates.
So what makes a great reader?
A great reader is a child poring over the captions in a picture book, sounding out the phonemes with a new speech bubble of a mouth, forming the ‘o’ in Cheerios, the ‘c’ in ‘c-a-t’ and the kicking ‘k’ in kicking because this is where it all begins for me, you and everyone who understands that words shape us, make us, take us to places where planes do not land and trains cannot travail…
It still feels a little odd to be nominating, or receiving awards: I’m so new to this and have only a small band of followers, but I’m going to go for it this time! So, here goes….
1) I’d like to nominate Danuiseult for her beautifully readable autobiopsy, which often makes me laugh and cry at the same time.
2) For making me laugh a lot, and having a post entitled ‘Thinking is hard: lets have bad sex’ the wonderful Teeny Bikini and her jigglybits
3) A wordsmith who inspires me to read, and write, daily: susanldaniels
4) And finally, because I am utterly, utterly fearless and don’t give a damn if he shouts at me because he’s brilliant, the one and only panda- with- attitude, that’s right folks, Ruleofstupid (I’m not doing this for you stupid, it’s for me and I mean it)
So, there we are, I’m done….it’s up to you what you do with it: you can enjoy it, ignore it, whatever but I’ve enjoyed writing this post and like getting awards. Not because they massage my ego, but because they make me feel part of something wonderful: the big, shiny blogosphere, which is often easier to be in than the real world and a darn sight friendlier. Peace and love to all…from FatW